What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Tunnel Wiring Harness

Roadrunner

I'm New Here
Just getting started on the Tunnel Harness install. Step 3 on Pg 31-04 says to leave 28 1/2 inches above the panel base. Sure seems like a lot of slack, plus the red/white wires to the fans come up short of the fans. Anybody recall their experiences in this area? Thanks much - Dick

31-04

I believe the object of slack behind the instrument panel is so that you can remove the panel and pull it forward, reach behind it and unplug the D-sub connectors without having to remove the top cover. Although the plans give an exact measurement, I do not think that it will matter if the slack is plus or minus a couple of inches. Do not put any wire ties on until you are satisfied that there is enough slack at both ends. As for the fans, those wires do not exit the panel. How long are they and how are you routing them?
Do not reverse the polarity on the fans or they will smoke! There is a note saying not to over tighten the screws. If a short screw is used so that it only goes through the bottom ear, then you can tighten it very tight to get a good electrical connection without fear of breaking the plastic ear off. Some builders route a couple of extra wires back to the baggage area for future expansion, a lot easier done during the build rather than later.
Joe

If you have any intention of installing the lighting kit, run at least two #22 wires to the baggage area NOW, not later when it is a real chore. Ask me how I know.:rolleyes:

Back