What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Tuckey Aux Tanks - Vent Schematic needed

tjlebaron

I'm New Here
Friend
I bought a RV-8 with Tuckey aux tanks (15 per side) but have no information on how the vent system was designed or how they were intended to be used. Today I was surprised to find that fuel had moved outboard to the aux tanks when they had been empty. (I suspect this was because the mains were full and sat awhile in the sun) This is a concern because I plan to do acro and want to make sure there is no fuel migration to the outer tanks. I have searched the forums and found the fuel tank drawing but nothing on the vent system or if a check valve was intended to be installed. It does have aux pumps.

Any help would be appreciated.

I bought a RV-8 with Tuckey aux tanks (15 per side) but have no information on how the vent system was designed or how they were intended to be used. Today I was surprised to find that fuel had moved outboard to the aux tanks when they had been empty. (I suspect this was because the mains were full and sat awhile in the sun) This is a concern because I plan to do acro and want to make sure there is no fuel migration to the outer tanks. I have searched the forums and found the fuel tank drawing but nothing on the vent system or if a check valve was intended to be installed. It does have aux pumps.

Any help would be appreciated.
The "Tuckey Tanks" are a free flow vent system, without a check valve in the vent line. The pumps are installed as a backup means to transfer the fuel from the out-board tanks to the main tanks if the seal is compromised and the syphon is broken. If your main are full of fuel and get pressurized setting in the sun, the fuel will be forced into the out-board tanks.

I was lucky enough to copy Pat's information before he took his web site down. PM me your email if you'd like the details.

The "Tuckey Tanks" are a free flow vent system, without a check valve in the vent line. The pumps are installed as a backup means to transfer the fuel from the out-board tanks to the main tanks if the seal is compromised and the syphon is broken. If your main are full of fuel and get pressurized setting in the sun, the fuel will be forced into the out-board tanks.

I was lucky enough to copy Pat's information before he took his web site down. PM me your email if you'd like the details.
That would be great! PM sent. Thanks a million.

Back