What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

TS Flightlines

Tandem46

Well Known Member
Been meaning to do this for some time. Wanted to shout out and plug Tom Swearengen and TS Flightlines down in Beaufort SC. He makes incredibly high quality teflon hoses for aircraft applications. Earlier this year I had Tom make new hoses for my FWF. I had been flying with the rubber hoses since 2004 and wanted to swap them out for new ones. I later went back to Tom in August when I swapped out my boost pump and had Tom make teflon hoses for the cockpit fuel portion.

I can not say enough good things about Tom's service. He will bend over backwards to please his customers and even tried to pay for some shipping charges that were clearly my fault.

He's RV friendly, has helped build RVs, and is looking to build an RV of his own soon. I became aware of Tom through Jay Pratt last year after Jay ordered some hoses from Tom and was very satisfied and impressed. He stands behind his hoses!

Excellent Service!

He made some hoses for me that were less expensive than I could buy the raw materials for and do them myself. When I gave him a bad measurement, he quickly exchanged the hose for the correct length!

A 'Five-Star Vendor'

Tom's the Man

Add me to the list of VAF folks who had Tom make up some lines. I ordered two oil lines for the oil cooler and a fuel line for my fuel flow sensor to gascolator. If I decide to change out my brake lines later he's who I will be calling.

While there are several vendors that advertise of VAF and are popular to the RV community, I don't think any of them can beat Tom's customer service.

I've ordered lines from several of these other vendors in the past and Tom's interaction and constant communication beats the other vendors hands done.

In the end, when quality of the product is identical, customer service will win everytime. I've order at least a dozen lines from Tom and am a very satisfied customer.

bob

Tobin,

That's good to know. As soon as I have time I plan to replace all the fuel lines in the tunnell of the 10 with fire sleeved flex hoses. I will be calling Tom.
Thanks,

Pat

TSflightline

I ordered my fuel lines from Tom a few days ago. I had installed vans aluminum tubing. I'm here to tell you that I consider myself a pretty well rounded/experienced fellow but no matter what I did I could not get that fuel selector valve in without "man-handeling" ,(forcing), the lines into position. I just was not at all happy with the outcome. That's where Tom came in. He was very patient and helpful with me as I tried to come up with lengths. He was very prompt at returning my calls. I would highly recommend him. My hoses should be here tomorrow and I'll get them installed. After that, all I'll have left is the windscreen fairing and the spinner.

Back