What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

trutrak roll servo bracket

I am starting to dust off my -10 project in my garage and start building again after about 2 years off (kids, life, work, stuff).

I am about to close the wing and I would like to confirm my A/P servo setup. I purchased a while back the trutrak roll servo with the "install" kit for the -10 back in 2004. Apparently the kit back then is also the kit for the RV7 and came with a model C servo.

Question- I see that there is some new kind of bracket listed for the RV10 on TT's web site with what appears to be some stops and a piece that changes the angles (torque?). Is the bracket that shipped with mine obsolete? problematic? Do I need to get the -10 bracket or can I use the original one I have that lists the -10 as being compatible?

thanks,

Robin Wessel
Tigard, OR

Last edited:
call TruTrak

I am starting to dust off my -10 project in my garage and start building again after about 2 years off (kids, life, work, stuff).

I am about to close the wing and I would like to confirm my A/P servo setup. I purchased a while back the trutrak roll servo with the "install" kit for the -10 back in 2004. Apparently the kit back then is also the kit for the RV7 and came with a model C servo.

Question- I see that there is some new kind of bracket listed for the RV10 on TT's web site with what appears to be some stops and a piece that changes the angles (torque?). Is the bracket that shipped with mine obsolete? problematic? Do I need to get the -10 bracket or can I use the original one I have that lists the -10 as being compatible?

thanks,

Robin Wessel
Tigard, OR
Robin,
I would suggest calling TruTrak and asking for assistance on this. I just installed my roll servo in my wing last week in a 9A. I had some specific questions about the mounting hardware so I called TruTrak and asked to talk to anyone who could advise me on a technical question. I do not remember the gentleman's name but the guy I talked with was extremely helpful. He even had me take some digital pics and email them to him. When he received them he immediately called me back on the phone and talked me through what I needed to do while he looked at the pictures and I was looking at the actual installation. Once he saw the pictures he was able to resolve my issue within just a few minutes.

It was extremely helpful to have such quick assistance. I am sure if you give them a call they will be able to get you a quick resolution.

Back