What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Trutrak Autopilot

Pat Stewart

Well Known Member
I just received my Autopilot servos however no installation instructions for the pitch servo. The kit drawings provide everything needed to mount the servo bracket however the detail/deimensions to complete the installatiion to the bellcrank is missing. I am sure I can call them next week and have it faxed to me however I was hoping to complete the installation this weekend. If anyone has the detail and the ability to scan and send it to me I would appreciate it.

Pat
334-796-8785

Trutrac

Thanks,

Actually I have both those pictures. If you look at the RV4,6,7 and 8 drawings it actually shows you the location to drill the hole in the bellcrank. The RV10 instructions are just two pictures of a completed installation with no dimensional detail.

I suppose I can approximate from the drawings but it I would think they would have developed that detail.

Pat

Thanks,

Actually I have both those pictures. If you look at the RV4,6,7 and 8 drawings it actually shows you the location to drill the hole in the bellcrank. The RV10 instructions are just two pictures of a completed installation with no dimensional detail.

I suppose I can approximate from the drawings but it I would think they would have developed that detail.

Pat
Tim's site and the Matronics List RV-10 archives should have the information you are looking for. They did, when I did my installation.

Trutrac

Same-o same-o. We all went thru this problem. TruTrac provides no other details. Crappy instructions.

It turns out that the location of the hole in the bellcrank is not that critical. Check Tim's link and follow what he says.

Installation drawings are in process for many of the installations that don't have them at this time. With the sudden onrush of LSA aircraft within the last two years our engineering staff has been a little stressed to finalize all of the new installations we've had to do. If you have any questions about installation, please don't hesitate to call or ask over on our forum. Thanks!

Last edited:
ptich control arm

I just did that last week for the pitch control arm. I called trutrak and got this info. on the centerline of the pivot bolts for the elevator bell crank measure up 2.5 inches from the center pivot bearing bolt of the bell crank. then measure one quater inch to the rear at this point and drill the hole. turns out to look exactly like the trutrak picture.

Claude,
Thanks for the info. in the process of building a 10 and it was helpfull in prepping the bell crank for the pitch servo. Not sure why that info wouldnt be posted on the True Track site, seems it would only take a couple of minutes to post that data with the drawings???

Back