What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Trutrak AP - OG Pitch Servo replacement to xCruze Servo

So my Vision 385 worked great besides some VVI/Pitch issues, then I noticed when I moved the elevator it sounded like a ratchet. Called Mid-continent's TT/BK xCruze guy and he said the servo is toast and to just toss the old one a get a new one. So I bought a new pitch servo, it's a Bendix King. But the old servo arm doesn't mount to the new servo. I called the guys at EDMO, they only have the full install kit which is more expensive than I want to pay for only needing a single $5 part. Called mid-continent and they don't stock it either. Has anyone run into this issue? Am I potentially missing something with the servo arm mounting?

Edit: I tried to get the Pitch servo to disengage through multiple methods on the ground with no luck before I started this whole process.

I just went through the same issue, servo stepper motor ratcheting. I sent to Mid-continent and they said it was toast ($270 for the evaluation) so I decided to look for a used DSP-B servo due to the cost of the new servos and they have a different servo arm mounting than the old ones. I got a bundled deal from another VAF'er for 2 servos and I will sell the extra servo for $250 plus shipping complete with the mounted servo arm if you are interested.
Figs

I just went through the same issue, servo stepper motor ratcheting. I sent to Mid-continent and they said it was toast ($270 for the evaluation) so I decided to look for a used DSP-B servo due to the cost of the new servos and they have a different servo arm mounting than the old ones. I got a bundled deal from another VAF'er for 2 servos and I will sell the extra servo for $250 plus shipping complete with the mounted servo arm if you are interested.
Fig
Thanks Figs - sent you an e-mail.

Ryan

Back