What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Tru-Trak Install - Bolt short?

Fearless

Well Known Member
I am finishing up the wire runs in my wings before I rivet the bottom skins on permanently. I have the install kit for the Tru-Trak autopilot. While working on the modifications for the right wing aileron bellcrank brackets I found one of the bolts being short. The bolt in the kit was an AN3-23A but it looks to me that it needs to be at least an AN3-25A if not longer. Has anybody else ran into this already. I don't think you can fit anything longer than an AN3-25A and not hit the main spar trying to insert the bolt from the top skin. I tried searching the forum but couldn't readily find anything on this. I imagine a fellow could just remove the whole assembly and put the bolt in and then put the whole assembly back. This works fine with the skins off. I wouldn't want to do after the fact.

I also changed one of the bolts for a longer one.

Can't remember which one, but there just wasn't enough threads showing, so I just grabbed another one out of my parts box and now all is well.

Kent

If you are going to Oshkosh, they have longer bolts in the booth. Just stop by and ask them.

Thanks for the heads up Pete.

I'll be up there Monday and Tuesday so I'll stop by their booth and ask for a replacement.

Back