What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Tru-Trac wiring runs?

Tbone

Well Known Member
How have the RV7 builders run their pitch and roll servo wires through the fuse? My 7 QB has few "pre-installed" snap bushing areas to use. I would like to keep the wires as hidden as possible. The floors are in permanently.

Terry,

Just run them up the center tunnel. In my -9 I have one hole filled with the manual trim cable but was still able to run the AP wires through the same holes. Zip-tie pads with the two sided tape removed and glued to the floor every six inches with Goop Automotive Trim Adhesive holds everything in place and out of the way of the push tube.

If I am not mistaking, you have four pre-install holes which should be plenty for all of your wires and tubes. I have most of my wires thru the same tunnel in the middle. The part that you would need to decide is if and how you are going to run it to the wing. I decided not to cut my wires for the roll servo that is in the wing but if I ever have to remove my wing?. I will have to pull the bundle of wire out. I hope I never have to do that of course.

Mehrdad
RV7A - IO360M1B

If I run the wires through the center tunnel they will come within about 4 inches from the strobe driver. Will that affect the servo?

Last edited:
It didn't in my installation.. actually I have them running together with strobe wire.. no issues..

I don't think you will have any issues, my strobe power supply is within (I guess 4") and I have zero issues with either. Trutrak works great, you are going to love the A/P.

Mehrdad
RV7A- IO360M1B

Back