What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

troubleshooting

rwarre

Well Known Member
Finally got all the wires attached and decided to see if everything worked. My MGL Voyager, MGL com, and Garmin tranponder came on ok. The 430 and KMA audio panel would not "light up". I didn't have time to check much out, so before I go back and start with fuses, power supply, etc., I thought I would find out if anyone had a systematic plan for checking electrical problems. Thanks

Building 7a, wings and fuselage complete.

Pull all the breakers, energize one circuit at a time, verify that it is working correctly, then pull that breaker, and move on to another one.

Time consuming, yes, but by isolating things it gets easier to find the problem.

If you energize a breaker and the unit (radio or whatever) doesnt work, start at the breaker and check for voltage, then the other end of the wire, and so on. Dont forget to check grounds, use a jumper wire for a ground as a final check, if needed.

The above should find most problems, unless the issue is internal to the unit not working.

Good luck, take your time, dont rush things.

Back