What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Triple Tree Arrival Procedure

Is this well supported by VAF? Who's going?

My wife Nann & I plan on attending as well as others from our RV group in Central Florida. We're planning on a Friday morning arrival.

Some will hotel it, we will camp.
Any tips on camping here?

Supported by lots of friends of aviation ...

Is this well supported by VAF? Who's going?

My wife Nann & I plan on attending as well as others from our RV group in Central Florida. We're planning on a Friday morning arrival.

Some will hotel it, we will camp.
Any tips on camping here?

This is a great event and place for an event (kinda in my back yard).

There will lots of a WIDE VARIETY of people there "supporting" the event, including lots of RVs. I don't know how many of the RV people are VAF'ers but there are people there from the Carolinas, Georgia and Florida at least.

Great environment for camping. A lake, a pond, a river, wooded area for tents and pretty good shower area.

I will probably be out of town that weekend but hope to get by there earlier in the week for at least a little while.

Biggest tip is to be prepared to JUST RELAX and let yourself meet some nice, friendly people.

James

Dan,

Looking forward to it again this year. I hope to get all my bugs worked out by then. I'm thinking of going in on Friday night and leaving Saturday. What about you?

Not too often you see an L-39 and P-51 on grass.

Tony, broken record and annoying. I don't read the never ending debate/argument threads for good reason and I don't appreciate you bringing it to an unrelated thread.

I'll be in Friday evening or early Saturday morning. Not sure yet, got buddies going too.

I will be flying in right from work on Friday evening and setting up camp. I look forward to meeting everyone!

This is a great event and place for an event (kinda in my back yard).

There will lots of a WIDE VARIETY of people there "supporting" the event, including lots of RVs. I don't know how many of the RV people are VAF'ers but there are people there from the Carolinas, Georgia and Florida at least.

Great environment for camping. A lake, a pond, a river, wooded area for tents and pretty good shower area.

I will probably be out of town that weekend but hope to get by there earlier in the week for at least a little while.

Biggest tip is to be prepared to JUST RELAX and let yourself meet some nice, friendly people.

James

Hi James,
Nice to hear from you. Haven't seen you in Brooksville lately.
Hope to see you soon.

2 ship from Central FL

George and I are still planning to go and will be leaving early on Friday as a two ship. 3 hours enroute should make for arrival around 9 or 10AM, depending on when we can get out of ZPH.

Anyone have guidance on a rental car? Enterprise is supposed to be on field but doesn't accomodate Sunday return (????? Wierd)

Camping at the Hampton Inn.

Dan H -Is it customary to arrive with or without potato(e)?

Last edited:
Current arrival Procedure?

I notice the Triple Tree web site has an arrival procedure a bit different from the one listed on Dan's post . Although the one Dan posted is the one I flew last year and does have the latest date. The Dorman High School arrival procedure is a bit out of the way for us from north Georgia! I like Dan's !!

Arrival Procedure

Dan,
I flew the "Wally World" approach last year and tower cleared me straight to a west approach to downwind. If traffic is light expect a direct to downwind approach. Several planes asked what the world I was talking about...LOL

We have 5 -6 planes coming in from the west side of Atlanta on Friday.

I've never been to Triple Tree, but heard enough to put it on my bucket list. Should I come Saturday and stay through Sunday? Or is it like OSH, in early, gone early?

As for the arrival procedure, well, eyes out.....always somebody who didn't get the memo.

Dan, At a min. come in early Sat. thru Sunday AM so you can get the BBQ supper Saturday nite. They had a steak nite on friday so we are getting in for that on Friday. That way we are there for the arrivials on Saturday.

Remember to bring CASH for everything.

Just have to say I love the drawing and that its Not For Navigation. I am not sure if I'll be able to make it and will probably be driving in (not terribly far from where I live).

Another car rental

George and I are still planning to go and will be leaving early on Friday as a two ship. 3 hours enroute should make for arrival around 9 or 10AM, depending on when we can get out of ZPH.

Anyone have guidance on a rental car? Enterprise is supposed to be on field but doesn't accomodate Sunday return (????? Wierd)

Camping at the Hampton Inn.

Dan H -Is it customary to arrive with or without potato(e)?

Elite Car Rental 864-288-8338
I will have a Tahoe for VAF use for beer and food runs.
There will be prime steaks for sale friday night.

Elite Rental Car

Ronald

Tried to talk to Elite twice now but no contact - probably because I called late afternoon. Do you know the hours of operation? Enterprise charges for three days even if you use only two. I'd like to find out if they follow the same policy and if not, I'd gladly use them as an alternate.

Sad news gentlemen. I checked with the organizers; no beer truck this year.

Not all bad of course. BYOB means better beer.

Elite Car Rental

Ronald

Tried to talk to Elite twice now but no contact - probably because I called late afternoon. Do you know the hours of operation? Enterprise charges for three days even if you use only two. I'd like to find out if they follow the same policy and if not, I'd gladly use them as an alternate.

I talked with Bob Bazinet of Elite this PM,You can return the rental to Triple Tree on any day.Their hours are 8-6
Dan,
No worries on beer supply,it is just minutes away.

Elite Rental

Strung together a few business trips and finally got around to calling Elite. I guess it's just me but the fellow I talked to didn't have a clue about the fly in, how the cars were going to be delivered or returned and really couldn't provide much information. Kinda scary.

Enterprise was far more professional and their associate had all the answers. Feel way more comfortable using someone that I'm familiar with but hate being stuck with the extra day.

Weekend weather report is perfect; sunshine, 80-85 high, 60 low, zero snow probability.

In Friday afternoon after lunch, camping until Sunday AM.

One of my local buddies emailed to report he was ready, having been to the store for the purchase of the 13 basic food groups.....a 12-pack of Blue Nun and a bag of cheese straws. Hopefully he will remember his tent ;)

Back