What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Trip to Detroit

Nice write up. I remember landing at Gross Ile (however you spell it) with my cousin about 20 years ago and getting some coney dogs from some HOLE in the wall just across the street from the airport.

Nice photos and description, Garrett. It's amazing to think how much ground an RV can cover in a day's time. When I was a kid my Mom and Dad took us many times on trips to Detroit to visit an uncle and some of their friends from their WWII years in Detroit. It took a Looooong time to get there and to think that you and Eric went up and back and saw a ball game all in one day is mighty impressive.
Thanks for sharing.
P.S. I've had really good luck with Enterprise delivering rental cars to r the smaller airports. They may not be any better than Avis but so far I've been happy. YMMV. :)

Great Story!

Garrett,

I loved it. Baseball and airplanes are 2 of my favorite things! We discussed heading over from Minne for the Twins series, the weather was too much of a challenge when I could free up.

Coleman A Young Airport KDET

Anyone flying in for a baseball game may want to try KDET. It's only 5 miles from the baseball stadium. And the football field is right next door to it along with the Detroit Theatre District.

They have rental cars available.

Back