What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Trio Gold pitch servo installation

PeteP

Well Known Member
Any one installed a Trio gold pitch servo is a 9A. Just wondering if you might have good mounting deminisions especially the distance between the servo arm and the bell crank.

Pete
RV-9A:D

I mounted the Trio Gold servo in my -9A. I don't have the dimension you are asking for, but it was not hard to adjust it close before installation and tweak it after it was in the wing. Works great!

Not in a 9, but in a 10, I used VANS AHRS bracket. I think the 9 has similar? Its a little bigger than you need, but the placement is good. So cleco it in, position/mark the servo for nutplates. You need to add one or two angles longitudinallly beneath the plate. The servo needs to be on a stiff mount.
1r3z1z.jpg

This had to be changed to a higher hole on the bellcrank and the center hole on the servo arm to work right.

Definitely call Trio

Chuck and Sid are top notch for support. I just upgraded my Navaid to a lightly used Trio Pro Pilot on my 7A. Even though I bought it in the used market, on my first phone call they sent me pics and helped me with everything I needed for the install. I purchased a wiring harness from them and brackets and they even sent me some extra little goodies that I needed to move the arms on the servos etc. I tried to post one of the pics but can't seem to get it to go. If you would like pm me your email address and I will forward them to you.

Pitch Servo Installation

Here are a couple photos of mine. I think the directions from Trio indicated placement.

P1010922.jpg

P1010921.jpg

Work in progress

Hi Pete,

This is still work in progress for me, but I've just installed the mounting bracket that Trio provided with the servo.

Here is a pic of my setting.
Trio-pitch-servo-RV-9A.jpg

I've measured 7" from the center of the mounting plate to the vertical axis of the arm.

As you can see, I've made a provision of 3 holes in case I need to adjust the rod anchor point, and also used a bigger doubler than the one provided by Van's.

You can find a picture of an RV-6 setup at page 71 of the Pro Pilot Operations and Installation Manual availabe on Trio's web site

Last edited:
Back