What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Trim Tab

Trevor778

Well Known Member
Just looking for a few opinions.

I bent the tabs tonight and to my surprise did so with no cracks! I had been putting this off for quite some time but with nothing left to do on the tail kit and wings still a few weeks away I figured there's no better time than the present.

The only flaw is that when I bent one of the bottom tabs my block must have shifted inward a hair at the trailing edge. This went un-noticed until I bent the top tab and a small (1/16th) bulge appeared where the bottom tab now interfered with the top skin. I opened the tab enough to file the tab to fit and cured the interference issue. Now Im not building a show plane, and the trailing edge is straight right up until the bulge, but will this have any adverse effects on flying characteristics? Future cracks? airworthyness? Or should I just scrap the tab and try again?

Thanks for the replys.

Trevor

Hey Trevor,

Well at least you got the tabs bent. I am still waiting on the wings to come. I decided this week I'll bild Ron's RV7 Rolling Wing Stand, Modified to fit what I am doing. I like this setup since I can roll the wings into the paint booth when i am ready to paint them. Congratulations on your progress. Did you order the flop tube?

Smilin' Jack

Back