What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Trim Settings

Stan Bahrns

I am looking for someone that has a 12 that he flies & has the takeoff trim setting nailed down, if this person would set his trim for take off position & then go to the back of the airplane & hold the elevator against the upper & lower stops & give us both of those measurements as is done when checking the linkage adjustment we would have a pretty good starting point for our initial takeoff adjustment. I need to get that from somebody or maybe I can get them at sun & fun. If anyone has these measurements I would appreciate them.
RV12 ready for the inspector.
Thanks in advance, Stan Bahrns

My blog says: "I re-did the trim calibration in the Dynon and re-set the take off position. The 2.94V is the take-off position which is the equivalent of 1 7/8" above the stabilator with the stick fully aft."
This was my initial setting and it is a bit on the "too much nose up" side of possible trim. Not dangerous but you might feel you have to push forward a bit to maintain 75 knots. I usually set the trim a bit more nose down from this marker position. That should get you in the right area though.

Back