What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Trim motor speed

Ex Bonanza Bucko

Well Known Member
I've heard that the RV12's trim motor is too fast and that a module was added to slow it down. Do you know what the current status of that is? I will have a new RV 12 S-LSA next week and I'm checking up on stuff like that.
Thanks,
EBB

I don't know about the trim motor speed but would be interested in whether or not they did the canopy lock indicator mod and what they have to say about the HS rib inspection.
I'm flying a SLSA that I picked up in march and am reluctant to either drill holes in the stabilator to inspect or add the canopy closed indicator, especially if they're not paying for it.
What's in your panel?
I love flying the airplane but it's not been trouble free and support has been weak.
Don't let this distract from the excitement you're enjoying, it's a great airplane and a hoot to fly, what color did you choose?

Trim motor speed is adjustable

The control module has a place where the speed of the motor can be adjusted. There are specs with which the full range of the motor is suppose to meet. If you are buying an S-LSA, I have to assume they set it up to meet those requirements already, but if you want it to be different, whoever does your maintenance can probably make the adjustment.

The AV5000A plug and play box has potentiometers for a variety of things. trim speed is one of them. Many have posted that their trim initially did not work at all, only to find that the trim pot came from Vans dialed back too far.

The PAP says...

See page 4, Revision 1, dated 07/18/2011. The relevant text states, "Run time for trim motor between 25 and 30 seconds." (This is from stop to stop.)

Tom

Back