What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Trim Cable

drone_pilot

Well Known Member
I'm installing an IO-360-A1A in my 7A. I'm also going with the Andair fuel pump (PX375-TC).

I am at the point of installing the Trim Cable however, there is a note in the instructions that says, "If you have fuel injection, order the longer 191" cable." I assume this is because you need the longer cable to route around the Airflow fuel pump. I currently have the cable that originally shipped with my fuselage kit. It appears that the Airflow pump is very involved plumbing-wise and size-wise compared to the Andair pump.

My question is, can I get by using the manual trim cable supplied in the kit since I'm going with the smaller Andair fuel pump assembly? If I have to purchase a longer trim cable, I'll probably just switch to the electric trim system instead.

As always, your input is highly valued!

Thanks.

Yes

Ben

I used the original trim cable with the vans pump by routing it past the pump. In my installation I have it go through the original vans pump housing.
I have to disconnect the trim cable at the knob end to remove the pump cover but other than that it works fine.
I had already installed the cable and saved the hassle of buying and shipping an RV-8 cable to the UK.

Every time my mate who built an identical RV-7 except for the trim flies mine he keeps commenting how he wished he had just used a manual trim. Simple and accurate to use.

Peter

I used the RV-8 trim cable

I was not able to use the stock RV-9A trim cable; it required too small a bend radius to make the 180 loop back toward the tail. I returned it and got the longest rim cable Vans offered ... I think it's for the RV-8. it worked beautifully.

Back