What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Trim cable routing

N941WR

Legacy Member
Last night I tried to run the trim cable and became confused. Could someone please help me out?

The cable goes through the forward spar of the HS using a snap bushing. That much seems straigh forward.

The cable then needs to go into the left side of the HS, which of the three lightening holes does it go through? The forward or middle hole? I know it can't go in the aft hole but I could be wrong.

Where the cable exits the HS RTV is used in place of a snap bushing.

What have I missed? How in the world do you get the cable through the forward spar and turned to go into the HS?

Pictures would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Trim Cable

Bill, I don't know how anybody else did it, but I ran a piece of wire from the back and hooked it to the trim cable and with a lot of effort I puled it thru
Doyle Reed
Casper Two

1/4 " tubing

I slide some surgical tubing (I think 1/4") from the back; then inserted the end of the manual cable into the tubing and pulled it through. Sort of like the wire solution in the previous post. jack

push and pull

Bill: In follow-up to the previous post; you sort of push with the trim cable as you try to pull it through with the tubing. The tubing acts more as a guide with some pulling action. jack

Back