What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Trim and A/P Wire lengths for Wings

CharlieWaffles

Well Known Member
I'm trying to get a grasp of how much wire I should order from stein for Airleron trim and the Auto Pilot Servo in the wings. Anyone care to share how much they used?

I am waiting on my wings and am doing some pre wiring. Can someone give me an idea of the length of wire to the aileron trim servo. How far out the wing is the servo? An estimated length from the fuselage to the servo will do since the routing prior to that is variable. Oh and which wing is it in? I'm sure I could research it harder but a quick search on hear and matronics has me no closer to an answer.

Thanks in advance,

Bill

I called Steinair and they were under the impression that the roll trim servo was under the front seats like in the other RVs. I am thinking it is in the wing. Am I wrong?

Thanks,

Bill

My aileron Ray Allen trim kit from Van's came with the shielded cable.

Stein Air built my TT ap pitch and roll harness

they were a perfect fit so I could not tell you the exact length. Bill, talk to Paul. I ordered mine just last spring.

Aileron Trim Acuator is in my left wing attached to first access panel. You'll need 15' of 26 ga 5 conductor cable from Stein Air or ACS. I think I recieved some cable with the trim kit from Van's but it was 28 ga and I liked the heavier ga cable. It does not need to be shielded. Note: I figured having my heated pitot and trim act in left wing would help balance out the heavy roll servo in right wing. I guess it really does not make much difference since you'll have roll trim.

TT Autopilot Roll Servo is in my right wing approx 8' to 9' out from root. If you want to make your own harness you'll need 2-20 ga and 5-22 ga approx 17' long. The Pitch Servo takes one more 22 ga wire and I think mine is about 19' which gave me about 1' extra on each end. Hope this helps.

Back