What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Travelling through Midland or Lubbock or other?

loopfuzz

Well Known Member
My fiancee and I are planning a trip in my RV6-A from Florida to Oregon, planning on departing next week (June 11 through June 15), and were hoping to find some place to stay overnight around the Lubbock or Midland areas. Any recommendations for a local airport with an inexpensive nearby hotel?
Thank you!!

Forget Midland/Odessa - you won't find a hotel room at any price unless you book 6 months in advance. The oilfield boom here has us maxed out, we have people making 6 figures and living in travel trailers because there is simply no available housing.

KSNK (Snyder, Tx) has really cheap full-service fuel, as does E11 (Andrews TX).

I live in Lubbock and am an RV-6 builder. We have space available at our house if you are interested.

Town & Country Apt. (F82) just south of town is convenient but their fuel situation is pretty variable.

Slaton Apt. (F49) about 13 SE has inexpensive self service fuel. I have a Cub there and might be able to find you hangar space.

Lubbock Intl. (KLBB) north of town has instr. approaches, expensive fuel, TSA, and class C airspace.

Would be glad to have you and provide ground transportation.

Stan Blanton
[email protected]

I live in Lubbock and am an RV-6 builder. We have space available at our house if you are interested.

Town & Country Apt. (F82) just south of town is convenient but their fuel situation is pretty variable.

Slaton Apt. (F49) about 13 SE has inexpensive self service fuel. I have a Cub there and might be able to find you hangar space.

Lubbock Intl. (KLBB) north of town has instr. approaches, expensive fuel, TSA, and class C airspace.

Stan Blanton
[email protected]

Stan Blanton
[email protected]

Forget Midland/Odessa - you won't find a hotel room at any price unless you book 6 months in advance. The oilfield boom here has us maxed out, we have people making 6 figures and living in travel trailers because there is simply no available housing.

KSNK (Snyder, Tx) has really cheap full-service fuel, as does E11 (Andrews TX).

Drop Snyder TX as an overnight stop.

Nice airport and FBO with a crew car, but the local hotels were described by the FBO as "scuzzy".

The only new hotel in the area was a Holiday Inn Express and they knew they were the only clean hotel in town...:)

It was the most expensive hotel of our 30 day trip to AR, TN, NC, SC, GA, LA last year, including New Orleans...:rolleyes:

If you go a little further North, Tradewind (TDW) at Amarillo might suit you - along with cowboy limo trip to the Big Tex Steakhouse...

big-texan4.jpg

Last edited:
i hear Dalhart...

...has a couple of good service providers at the airport, hangar space, courtesy cars, etc., one with cheap gas even. don't know about hotels, evidently there are train tracks close to everything. i'll find out personally but not until the week after you pass thru. happy travelling. don o.

Back