What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Travel Kit

gblwy

Well Known Member
Hi Guys,
I'm planning to put together a small kit of "essentials" for longer trips (say a week or two).

I'd appreciate thoughts on what you consider to be essential - tools, fastenings, consumables, whatever... Obviously, any item eats into the 50 lbs baggage which means my wife's travelling wardrobe gets severely impacted ;-)

Cheers...Keith

Apologies

Apologies for tree-hugging, I just searched the RV-12 forum. Happy to browse elsewhere, but also interested in any RV-12-specific requirements. I have found that a long AN3 bolt is very useful for aligning the oil cooler when reinstalling the lower cowling...

Cheers...Keith

Also, consider any tools you might need.

When I take my Cessna 180 into the back country I carry a jack along with the jack pad and spare inner tubes for main and tailwheel. It adds up in weight.

For me, the brakes are a go-no go item, so I have a small bottle of hydraulic fluid along with brake pads and rivets. Things like that. Once I used the spare spark plug and another time I used the spare ignition lead. Good thing I had the tools too.

So assess your own airplane and the flying you intend to do. If there's always an FBO then you only need RV-12 specific parts, and only a few of them.

Back