What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Transponder Wiring

Chicago

Hello,

I have a King KT78 transponder. I plan on buying a Ameri-King AK350 encoder. The encoder comes with a cable harness. My transponder tray is missing the connector for the circuit board and antenna. Where can I get replacements? Will the wiring harness from the encoder just plug into the adapter on the tray? Is the power wires part of the encoder wiring harness?

Not sure if this helps

Hi Chicago! I live out southwest in Bolingbrook. I looked at some of the pictures of the King transponder. It looks like it needs a similar connector to the Narco. These are MOLEX connectors and can be bought from places like Digikey (digikey.com) and Mouser Electronics. If you have any additional information I can try to help.
Paul
N694BP reserved

Check ebay - there's usually transponder install kits with new connectors... Its the same stuff you can find from mouser/newark electronics, but conviently packaged and you don't have to decipher the catalogs...

here's one

I have no association with the ebay vendor, I've just found this stuff while "window shopping" :D

Back