What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Transponder up date

bgl

have a skyview system with a xpndr 261 transponder.
What do I have to do to update from software SW to v2.02
and what will the new software do for the system.
bgl

I had to send mine back to Dynon. They explained that the transponder is a TSO'd item, so only they can update it. They did not charge me for doing that.

have a skyview system with a xpndr 261 transponder.
What do I have to do to update from software SW to v2.02
and what will the new software do for the system.
bgl

That's weird, they have been very vocal on here about how their xponder firmware is user upgradable.

Last edited:
Might have just been my specific problem. I had made a mistake and tried to hook it up to the Skyview as a 262, which blitzed the programming and it had to be reprogrammed in order to load it properly.

Might have just been my specific problem. I had made a mistake and tried to hook it up to the Skyview as a 262, which blitzed the programming and it had to be reprogrammed in order to load it properly.

For you it was a send back thing.

It is a user upgradeable feature. Instructions on dynons website. You will need to put a placard on the transponder box itself when complete. If you need step by step, call dynon tech support and they will walk you thru it. Very helpful guys and gals there. I believe it makes it compatible with the ADS-B features.

Last edited:
For you it was a send back thing.

It is a user upgradeable feature. Instructions on dynons website. You will need to put a placard on the transponder box itself when complete. If you need step by step, call dynon tech support and they will walk you thru it. Very helpful guys and gals there. I believe it makes it compatible with the ADS-B features.

Did all that a week ago, no problem. Making placard was the most difficult task;)

Back