What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Transition training in Louisville area?

schmitty340

Just finising up my RV8 project and getting ready for the first flight. I'm looking for someone within driving range who can give dual in a 6,7, or 8.

Thanks in advance
Dave

RV8

Well, its not exactly driving distance but it is a quick flight by RV. I recommend Tom Berge from Minnesota. He is endorsed by Vans Aircraft and does a stellar job. He has built several RV's (two of his own and has had a hand in several others). Very experienced and qualified pilot.
http://www.rvtransition.com

Columbus, IN may be closer...

Back in '07, I used Paul Pocock from BAK, Columbus, IN. I don't know if Paul is still doing transitions in his 7, but I was very pleased with his training. He is of course a CFI and flies for one of the airlines, so he doesn't do a lot of training. He is the builder and has a great RV-7, as well as being an excellent instructor and great guy. I can try to look up his number if you have a problem. I only see him when he stops by OVO for gas.

Bob

Bob,

If you could find out and fwd his contact information, I would really appreciate it.

Thank you
Dave

Dave,

I have his phone as (812) 376-3 one one four (it is a listed number, don't have a cell number.) You can say I recommended him if you like. Like I say, haven't asked him about training in a while, but he may have the time (another excuse to fly!) Hope it works out. Stop by OVO (North Vernon.)

Bob

Transition training lou

I may be in lou later October with my rv6. Will be able to help you. Armando 908-722-2778 -1300 hr rv6 time - Cfii

Back