What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Transition Training in Florida complete

jdiehl

Well Known Member
It was a hot few days in Okeechobee with Jan Bussell, but my transition training is now behind me. I thought it appropriate to put in a positive plug for Jan that provided a relaxed, yet serious 4.5 hours of transition training. The syllabus was very disciplined and informative and he provided me with a good reality check in advance of my first flight once I get back to Pa. Departing out of his home base of River Acres every morning (in his 6A) was testimony that the nose gear models can take a lot of abuse on less than smooth grass runways. As a side note, I spent the last three afternoons surfing the waves at the Fort Pierce barrier island- definitely a good reason to head for Florida.

Jim Diehl- N891DD
Based at Lock Haven, Pa.

My experience with Jan was equally as pleasant. I would recommend him to anyone.

One thing to remember, although I believe it can be done safely, is give grass the full respect and attention it deserves!!

Good luck with your first flight. Remember what Jan has taught you....the airplane will tell you if something is off.

Back