What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

transition training for 9A in Southeast USA?

thinkn9a

Well Known Member
Just wondering if anyone knows of where, and with who I can get transition training in a 9A in the southeast US. And if you happen to know some history/experience with them.

tks

Well, Pierre Smith trained me in his 6A in central Georgia. My 9A's controls are not quite as sensitive as his 6A, but otherwise I think the training translated well for me. Back home, my test pilot flew with me briefly after first flight -- he said my flying was right on.

Pierre is a super-nice guy and a patient instructor.

Mississippi Too

We are in Madison building a 9A... Saw you were from MS - Where at??

I planned to go to the transition training in Dallas, TX when complete. (rvtraining.com)

I agree with Paul, contact Pierre.

My insurance company wanted my transition training done in a -9 and when I told them there were only something like 10 flying they "allowed" me to do my training in any side-by-side RV. A friend gave me the required three hours in his -6 and the difference between the two was very slight.

The -6A will make flying your -9A seem that much easier. In fact, I really didn't notice that much difference between the -6 that I flew and my -9.

Go here

Just wondering if anyone knows of where, and with who I can get transition training in a 9A in the southeast US. And if you happen to know some history/experience with them.

tks

Hi Wallace,
Visit www.safeair1.com for a listing of all the transition trainers. When the site opens, scroll down to "RV transition training" and then click on the appropriate windsock for complete information,

Regards,

Pierre **just** did a 9A transition in the SouthEast ..

Hi Wallace,
Visit www.safeair1.com for a listing of all the transition trainers. When the site opens, scroll down to "RV transition training" and then click on the appropriate windsock for complete information,

Regards,

He was too polite to say it but Pierre just finished a 9A transition in the Southeast (he did it in Columbia, SC) for a friend of mine who came up from Florida. My friend was very happy with the results.

Also here on Doug's site (home page) look in the left corner and you should find RV Transition Training links and Pierre's and other info.

Nice guy.

James

p.s. Pierre, let your buddy know I still want to do some flying (was away on Saturday).

Thanks...

.........James, for the plug. Really enjoyed your hospitality and kind accomodations. We're gonna be here Saturday afternoon and Sunday after Church....c'mon down. (2J3).

Regards,

Transition Training with Pierre Smith

I, as like many others, had transition training in Louisville, GA, about 30 miles south of Augusta, GA. Pierre Smith has his RV6A and Air Tractor there and does an excellent job in getting one ready for moving up to a RV. I had about 6 hours with him and I would not have been able to do my first flight in my RV9A if I had not. I would have had to let someone else have this unforgettable experience.

Pierre is a great instructor and a great guy who really has an interest in making you a safer pilot. He has umpteen thousand hours in an Air Tractor and many in his RV! His RV is really a beauty and handles like a charm.

Back