What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Transition Information Manual

Vac

Well Known Member
Benefactor
Folks,

I recently added a new section to the syllabi that are posted in the yellow sticky in this section. The new material begins on page 152 of that link. The new section is essentially a transition information manual, since no manual of that type currently exists for RV-type transition training/type familiarization. To simplify access, this link will take you directly to the new material:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8EIT6g2n8o_WFc4SzFFVzJoRlk/edit?usp=sharing

In an effort to make this usable for our community, I'd be interested in any feedback that can improve the correctness and usefulness of this information. Some of the material is academic in nature and other portions are written in a style similar to a pilot's handbook. Of note, on page 150 of the link above is a list of "RV Handling Rules of Thumb" that can, no doubt, be improved by some collaborative effort.

I'll be happy to e-mail a Word or .pdf version to anyone that would like to have a copy.

Please feel free to drop a PM or e-mail if you prefer, all input and discussion is welcome.

Cheers,

Vac

Mr Vac,

I want to thank you for the work you put into this. I went to the link and started reading. I had to pull myself away just to post a thank you!

Amazingly useful and all in one place

Dear Mr. Vaccaro,
as someone who is finishing a very very long build and looking forward to flying this great plane, I can not express my gratitude more. I will read, study and absorb as much as I can and definitely work through the transition training.
Thank you again for your work on this.
Paul

Replies

Folks,

I replied to all of the email and PM requests, but I did receive at least one "undeliverable" response. If you don't receive a copy and have sent a request, please drop a line to vacntess99 at yahoo dot com directly.

Fly safe,

Vac

Back