What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Trailer - anyone???

E. D. Eliot

Well Known Member
Just wondering IF anyone is actually using a trailer with their finished RV-12? If so, details would be appreciated.

There must be a way to trailer this airplane safely and without damage to the airframe, etc. Wonder how Mr. Partain does it? Any thoughts?

Anyone?

The silence is underwhelming - apparently no one is using a trailer regularly to and from he airport. I was hoping to learn from the experiences of someone else.:(

The silence is underwhelming - apparently no one is using a trailer regularly to and from he airport. I was hoping to learn from the experiences of someone else.:(

Or he is very busy with his trailer and do not have time to read and post on VAF.:) There is a trailer VAF member built I've read about it somewhere last year. If found, will be posted here.

Correction: not sure if VAF member but RV-12 builder for sure.

I have a related question.
Does any one take there wings off an a regular bases or is the wing removal only once in a great while.

My thoughts

I don't expect many to trailer their planes - ever. I still like the idea of being able to take the wings off quickly just to do the annual. To build a trailer that would haul this plane and not scratch the paint a bunch would be a real job. It would still take two people likely, and I just don't expect it to happen ( often anyway ).

John Bender

Back