What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Towing Nose gear rv's

carl nank

Well Known Member
I found a post that mentioned using a "Boogy Bar" to tow nose gear RV's. Can anyone tell me where to get one? Anyone have a picture?

Wag-Aero has a small hand tow bar that maybe I can convert to a lawn mower tow bar but I am concerned about towing safty since my taxi-way is down hill.

I have the Bogert tow bar which works nicely on my -7A.

Only complaint I have is it came with nylon lock nuts which will loosen over time. I will eventually replace them with castellated and cotter pinned nuts.

Pick a Flavor

I found a post that mentioned using a "Boogy Bar" to tow nose gear RV's. Can anyone tell me where to get one? Anyone have a picture?.......
I have and use both styles. The Bogey-Bar is red, the Wag-Aero blue. I just reach for the one I'm in the mood to use though the Wag-Aero design does lend itself well to one-handed operation. Bottom line for me: 6 of one half dozen of the other. YMMV.

Thanks

Thanks for your response guys. I sent an email to Bogart asking the price and safty of towing an RV7A with a lawn mower. Will let you know their response.

If you're looking to tow your plane with a mower (tractor) these tow bars may be too short and may not clamp tight enough on to the fork and could slip off. Look for the type of tow bar FBOs use that are designed for tow vehicles and have a threaded clamping device that will more securely hold on to the small bolt heads used in attaching the toe bar.

The tow bars pictured are for hand towing.

Roberta

Back