What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Tow Bar Bolts

Capflyer

Well Known Member
Ok, I'm stupid (according to my ex-wife anyways). Need some help as I cannot find the right call-out for the bolts that attach to the new style nose wheel fork for attaching the tow bar to. The drawing I have shows the old style nose wheel fork and does not show the tow bar attachement bolts.

Help please :confused:

P.S. Please no fancy shmancy comments on how I should have gone tailwheel :D

Mike R.

Mike,

I think what you are looking for is on drawing C-1, section L-L.

Allen Screw 3/8 x 24 x 3/4
AN960-616 flat washer
Lock Washer 3/8

J.C.

The Bogey Bar towbar comes with some extended towbar bolts. Might as well get them now as you will have to have one of thier towbars. Don't wait until you have dinged up your wheelpant to get one. Don

PS you should have gone with the taildragger.:)

Actually the extended bolts are an option 'RVa Tow Pin Kit' P/N 04-pkRVa and costs an additional $15.00.

J.C.

yakdriver said:
PS you should have gone with the taildragger.:)

There's one in every crowd :D

Thank you for the responses. I purchased a WagAero RV tow bar at Oshkosh for $46 so the extended bolt kit will probably be the best bet.

Thanks again
Mike R.

Maybe I'm the stoopid one here but I have the WagAero towbar and find it works just fine on the standard axle bolt/nut. Not sure why you'd need anything else. I have the old style fork if that makes a difference.

Back