What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Tougher and/or Bigger RV-12 Tires?

Bill_H

Well Known Member
Patron
Well, so far so good flying off my 1260 foot runway in N. Arkansas on which the grass is still very very sparse. This spring after some rain we used a BIG rock roller and it was very smooth. Some grass came in. But it has been very dry and the surface has become rocky, a bit gravely, with some sharp rocks breaking up on the surface. Won't be able to roll it again until after some rains in the fall.

So I am concerned about having some tougher tires - or tubes - or something. Any suggestions? I am running with the wheel pants off. (If you did not know, MATCO makes paintable hubcaps for these wheels!) So even some bigger diameter tires would be nice (maybe not possible for the nose wheel and not tundra rires!)

Ideas?

Bill H.

I don't have my -12 flying yet but I did replace my original tires on my CT because they were just too thin. Used the same size but went to Goodyear Custom III which are pricey but tough. Other CT owners have used the Monster Treads which I think are recaps but tough and reasonably priced. In the CT world there have been no complaints.

Back