What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Torq tube

6 Gun

Well Known Member
Spent about 3 hours trying to put bolt in elevator horn this afternoon as my kit only has 2" plate opening on one side made spacers from #3 washers super glued together that worked well as i glued them to rod end (carefully no excess glue just a tad to slide in horn)but i gave up and put bolt in from opening side and i will inspec nut with a small mirror as needed if you only have one opening as my kit and have not painted yet i would ad a plate on other side
Bob

Spent about 3 hours trying to put bolt in elevator horn this afternoon as my kit only has 2" plate opening on one side made spacers from #3 washers super glued together that worked well as i glued them to rod end (carefully no excess glue just a tad to slide in horn)but i gave up and put bolt in from opening side and i will inspec nut with a small mirror as needed if you only have one opening as my kit and have not painted yet i would ad a plate on other side
Bob

One side does not need a plate.

A one inch hole and a hardware store snap plug will do - all you need to do is to get a deep socket through the hole...

Back