What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Top row of rivets in cockpit area

macrafic

Well Known Member
For some reason, my top row of rivets on the side skins is complete from the rear forward, up to where the cockpit starts. I know I do not want to complete the riveting in the forward top skin area right now. But, is there any reason I should not complete the row up to that point? It seems to me if I wait any longer to get the rivets around the cockpit area that it will be difficult, if not impossible. I am just about ready to start my finish kit.

You should be fine up to the point the top skin starts like you said. That's what I did. Mine is a slider.

how are you riveting?

i'm just behind you and ready to take off my side skins do the laundry list of items (vans words in directions) and need to deside if i will countersink longerons and dimple both skins ( top and side) that attach at longerons or countersink the middle skin and only dimple the top skin. which is what i plan to do. but wonder what others opinions are

its been a year and i am already losing my memory, is that an old age thing? but you can check my build log if you like.

Back