What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Top of the Wing Tiedown Hole

MartySantic

Well Known Member
What have you done with the pre-drilled hole on the upper surface of the wing above the AEX tie down? Are we to just close the hole with an LP3-4 rivet or just leave it open for now?? ..Marty

Hole in upper wing skin

What have you done with the pre-drilled hole on the upper surface of the wing above the AEX tie down? Are we to just close the hole with an LP3-4 rivet or just leave it open for now?? ..Marty

I was told that it was for a tie down. I have yet to drill mine until I get more information from Van's. I hope to get a shipping date for the fuselage kit tomorrow.

Upper wing surface tiedown

The tiedown on the upper surface of the wing is to aid in storing or transporting the wings. Since the RV-12 is an E-LSA, it has to be built exactly like called out in the plans. The plans do not say to put a rivet in the hole or to drill the hole bigger. Doing so is not following the plans and could make it difficult to register the plane if the DAR is picky. I am going to leave the small hole as is until after registering the RV-12. Then I will decide what do do about that little hole, if anything.
Joe

Back