What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Tool Tip: Multimaster? Sale

GLPalinkas

Well Known Member
Just a quick heads up for those interested in a knock-off copy of the Fein Multi-master ($399.95) hand tool (http://www.fein.de/fein-multimaster/us/en/main/). Harbor Freight has them on sale for $39.95 (normally $59.95) and if you have a newer issue of Flying Magazine around Harbor Freight has a coupon in it for the item at $29.95. Great price. I think IIRC the coupon is good until 12/30/2009.

Here is the link for the Harbor Freight front page (They are highlighting their Multi-function tool right now)

It is not a Fein but the Harbor Freight Multi-Function Power Tool (item 67256) works great. The quality is OK (doesn't have the quick tool release like the fine does but you get what you pay for) http://www.harborfreight.com/

I just used it for sanding my HS fiberglass tip balsa/epoxy fill inserts and it gets into the nooks and crannies extremely well. I also used it to concave the rear HS/VS inserts and round the front HS/VS inserts. I can think of about a million other uses for it while I start on the dreaded fiberglass stuff.

Good deal ..

It's a great deal ...I bought one a month ago. The big diff between the Fein and the HF knockoff is a) more vibration and heat build-up in the HF, and b) the lousy quality of the HF cutting blades. The Fein is w-a-y better on both counts, but considering the price differential, the HF is still worth buying.

I found that the HF flat half moon blade lasted much longer than the one the is offset. The flat half moon blade is generally a couple bucks more expensive, but I've seen them on sale for as low as $5.99.

When cutting my RV-10 cabon cover, I went through two or three of the offset half moon blades on one side and the flat one did the entire other side.

Considering the competition blades are $49, I don't mind going through a few blades.

bob

Back