What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Tool Question

bhassel

Well Known Member
Which tools will I need in order to complete building the tail cone and emp? I have a bunch of tools that I picked up when building the RV-9, but I'm not sure what I'll need for certain on this kit. I'll like to start off adding just what I need for hte first step in the project.

Thanks,

Bob

From memory,

Solid and pulled rivet tools
Dimple and counter sink tools
Edge breaker - tail cone skins
Deburing tools
tap
Drill bits, drill

And of course other stuff I can not rember.

-Dave

If you don't already have one get yourself a pneumatic rivet puller. It will come in especially helpful when you move on to building the wings.:)

Bob

+1 on the pneumatic puller

If you don't already have one get yourself a pneumatic rivet puller. It will come in especially helpful when you move on to building the wings.:)

Bob

I'd call 'especially helpful' a slight understatement. To me it's a must have.
Hope you get as much enjoyment out of your -12 project as I'm having. Merry Christmas, too.

Tools required - page 03-02

Which tools will I need in order to complete building the tail cone and emp? I have a bunch of tools that I picked up when building the RV-9, but I'm not sure what I'll need for certain on this kit. I'll like to start off adding just what I need for hte first step in the project.

Thanks,

Bob

After you unpack your crate, find a package of Plans. Take a look at page 03-02 of the Plans. Compare the required tools with what you already have...;). I think you will find as you build that you will pretty much need all of the aluminum and airframe tools on hand when you do the empennage kit, not, obviously, the engine and electrical related tools.

Last edited:
Back