What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Tomorrow??

Ron B.

Well Known Member
We just recieved our C of A for C-GPES today, weather is supposed to clear tomorrow afternoon. Just a few last minute details to clean up and we should be good to go.
I was just reading older forums on prop governors not delivering full 2700 RPM on first climb. I read to check with governor manual on how to adjust if it's off but how does one check to see if it will deliver 2700 RPM before first flight? I understand static RPM will only be 2600 at best.Ron

Ron, just wait 'til you fly it....

....and note what RPM's it delivers as you break ground.

I've demonstrated many times that a -10 will easily do a go-around with the prop left at 2400 as in cruise.

Best,

C-GPES made three sucessful flights today. Pierre we had about 2650 RPM at liftoff I think. Kind of busy at that time. Our Skyview RPM was fluctuating high on the first flight, so we brought an optical RPM tach. and the RPM would not pass 2680 RPM. All in all very pleased.
Ron

Frst flight

Congratulations!! It is a great feeling isn't it?

I too experienced low RPM on first Take Off. In fact it was 110RPM low so I checked with my mechanic friend on the field and he told me that one turn on the stop screw represent approx. 25 RPM.

I proceeded to make this adjustment and turned the stop screw out four turns. This adjustment produced an over-speed of 30 RPM to 2730. I then re-adjusted by turning the screw in 1/2 turn and I now have 2690 RPM on TO.

In other words 3.5 turns was equal to 100 RPM
In other words 3 1/2 trns

Back