What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

TMX IO360 Engine

Mark C.

Well Known Member
Just wanted to share the great experience dealing with the folks at Mattituck Services on my TMX IO360 roller tappet engine purchace for my 9A build. Mahlon at Mattituck would always take the time to talk about the build and offer options. The engine is completed waiting for shipping. I have engine pictures if someone can place them for me, send a PM.
Contacts at Mattituck,
Mahlon Russell and Sales Mgr. Mike Yousik, 800-624-6680
Thanks, Mark C. 119RV
target date, Aug. 2012

I have only good coments, Excelent support, the best service. Mahlon always have patience to explain to ex-ignorants like me.:)

Here are two pictures of Mark C. beauty.

MarkTMX1.jpg

MarkTMX2.jpg

Mattituck people are great! I was at their engine building seminar in 2006 learned a ton about the engine.

The first Mattituck engines I can remember were in the eighties. A bunch of them have come through the little shops I've worked in. Never seen a bad one. Never had to even tear into one, just accessories & stuff. Lots of big name engine build shops have had some "thing" over the years. They must have some kinda secret like maybe ethics or somethin'.

Mattituck

I had a pretyy smart repeat builder tell me early on that his best advice was to order a mattituck engine and I would be very happy. 90 hours flying time later, could not be happier, I bet my life on it.

Cant say more than that. Mahlon has always been great. Wish more businesses were like that before and after you hand them the cash.

And VLAD, David signed my engine in gold too. I wonder if he really exists or he is like Juan Valdez hand picking the coffee beans..

Last edited:
Wow, thanks for all the kind words. Dave does exist! He has been working here since 1985. He has worked in various departments over the years and has been in final engine assembly for the last several years.
Thanks again, glad you'll are happy with the product and service.
Mahlon

Hummmm? Told you so.

My last 7A had a TMX IO-360 Red/Gold engine - that aircraft flew across the Atlantic Ocean.

I currently fly RV7 with TMX O-360 - there is nothing better than trusting your airplane.

I had a pretyy smart repeat builder tell me early on that his best advice was to order a mattituck engine and I would be very happy. 90 hours flying time later, could not be happier, I bet my life on it.

Last edited:
David built/signed my TMXIO540 as well!

Have yet to start it, but it's a thing of beauty. Must have been one of the last -540's built by mattituck

Phil
Salt Lake City
RV-10, Wiring at the Hangar!

DAVID

DAVID DAVID DAVID.....

I say you post a pic of Dave working on an engine. Just for smiles, would love to see the guy that actually build mine, and apparently a bunch of other RV'rs engines.

Just an idea...signing in gold is kind of cool, a pic would personalize it. Doesnt need to be all dolled up, just would be interested to see him at work.

:D

Back