What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Titan IOX 360, horizontal induction cold sump-AVstar fuel servo. Throttle/Mixture arms

joew

Well Known Member
I’m kinda stuck….again. I have a Titan IOX 360 with cold air sump and horizontal induction. AVSTAR fuel injection and AFP aux pump. Four pipe vetterman exhaust.

I’m trying to connect the throttle and mixture and can not figure out how to route it. I queried the forums, led me to reach out to AFP who told me their mounts would not work. They said try Vans stock kit (that I have). Their instructions are not the best to say the least.

I have stock cables, see the callouts for cable pass throughs in the plans. But nothing looks right.

Any ideas or pictures? I Just can’t figure out how to move forward.

Attachments

• IMG_7390.jpeg
    IMG_7390.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 41
  • IMG_7618.jpeg
    IMG_7618.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 35
  • IMG_7617.jpeg
    IMG_7617.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 35
  • IMG_7615.jpeg
    IMG_7615.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 36
I’m kinda stuck….again. I have a Titan IOX 360 with cold air sump and horizontal induction. AVSTAR fuel injection and AFP aux pump. Four pipe vetterman exhaust.

I’m trying to connect the throttle and mixture and can not figure out how to route it. I queried the forums, led me to reach out to AFP who told me their mounts would not work. They said try Vans stock kit (that I have). Their instructions are not the best to say the least.

I have stock cables, see the callouts for cable pass throughs in the plans. But nothing looks right.

Good luck

I have similar, except SilverHawk fuel servo. I used the stock bellcrank weldment for the mixture without modifications, on the port side of the servo, essentially straight line path from the firewall over the intake manifold under the cylinders. For the throttle, on the starboard side, I ran the cable behind the behind, then under the engine and fabricated a steel bracket attached with two bolts to the underside of the intake manifold. Two photos attached of the throttle bracket. At one time, prior to Continental’s purchase, Titan offered a bracket incorporating both cables, but I couldn’t make it work on my equipment.
The arrow/circle in the photos is attempting to highlight the bracket and attach location.

Attachments

• IMG_8077.jpeg
    IMG_8077.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 21
  • IMG_8078.jpeg
    IMG_8078.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 20
I have similar, except SilverHawk fuel servo. I used the stock bellcrank weldment for the mixture without modifications, on the port side of the servo, essentially straight line path from the firewall over the intake manifold under the cylinders. For the throttle, on the starboard side, I ran the cable behind the behind, then under the engine and fabricated a steel bracket attached with two bolts to the underside of the intake manifold. Two photos attached of the throttle bracket. At one time, prior to Continental’s purchase, Titan offered a bracket incorporating both cables, but I couldn’t make it work on my equipment.
The arrow/circle in the photos is attempting to highlight the bracket and attach location.
The throttle cable is wrapped in fiberfrax, then wrapped with heat shield tape to protect from the exhaust pipe. 450+ hours no problems.

I've got a similar setup with my Mattituck IO-360, Avstar fuel servo and Vetterman exhaust so here's a few pictures of my mixture and throttle routing and the two steel brackets I manufactured to attach onto the cold air sump. Pictures were taken prior to installing the exhaust system but you can see that in the last picture. I also changed out the screws to drilled head screws so that I could safety wire them in place when done. Hope it helps.

Engine-081.JPGEngine-082.JPGEngine-083.JPGEngine-085.JPGEngine-125.JPG

Can I offer a suggestion. Please use drilled head bolts and tie wire on those bracket fasteners...
"I've got a similar setup with my Mattituck IO-360, Avstar fuel servo and Vetterman exhaust so here's a few pictures of my mixture and throttle routing and the two steel brackets I manufactured to attach onto the cold air sump. Pictures were taken prior to installing the exhaust system but you can see that in the last picture. I also changed out the screws to drilled head screws so that I could safety wire them in place when done. Hope it helps."

Take a look at the last picture, you'll see the drilled head screws. Safety wire was added later. Thanks

"I've got a similar setup with my Mattituck IO-360, Avstar fuel servo and Vetterman exhaust so here's a few pictures of my mixture and throttle routing and the two steel brackets I manufactured to attach onto the cold air sump. Pictures were taken prior to installing the exhaust system but you can see that in the last picture. I also changed out the screws to drilled head screws so that I could safety wire them in place when done. Hope it helps."

Take a look at the last picture, you'll see the drilled head screws. Safety wire was added later. Thanks
https://www.avstardirect.com/search.php?search_query=levers The Titan sump does change things---Don would know whether it works. Carlos' pics of hos Superior Sump are great, but dont necessarily apply to the Titan sump, I have a Titan sump hanging on the wall in my prototype shop. Great wall art.

https://www.avstardirect.com/search.php?search_query=levers The Titan sump does change things---Don would know whether it works. Carlos' pics of hos Superior Sump are great, but dont necessarily apply to the Titan sump, I have a Titan sump hanging on the wall in my prototype shop. Great wall art.
I had called Avstar yesterday. They said they sold different control arms. Not sure what clearance I will have which arm I will need. I can call Don again and see. Thank you

I had called Avstar yesterday. They said they sold different control arms. Not sure what clearance I will have which arm I will need. I can call Don again and see. Thank you
I think that since the Titan sump is not as common, this might be a 'try this and see' scenario. YEP---can get expensive in a big hurry. Too bad the sump is on the engine. If it werent, you could take it and the servo to Don and test fit the arms.

Back