What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Tire temps

hpdmp3486

Had the annual finished. I did some of the usual maintenance upgrades, oil, brakes, plugs, etc..
Also upgraded the valve covers and intake gaskets and changed the oil dip stick gasket so the cowling was off.
Went out and taxied around the airport, very hot and very busy so a lot of braking, a lot of stoping and a lot of waiting.
I have Bluetooth tire pressure sensors on the mains. Monitoring the tire pressure it also shows temperature. The temps pulling into the hangar showed 160 and 140 degrees Fahrenheit.
Again very hot and long day on the ground only. No idea if these tire temps are reasonable or concerning.

I have Bluetooth tire pressure sensors on the mains. Monitoring the tire pressure it also shows temperature. The temps pulling into the hangar showed 160 and 140 degrees Fahrenheit.
Again very hot and long day on the ground only. No idea if these tire temps are reasonable or concerning.
This may falls into the category of more data just makes you worry more.
I have had this discussion many times with chief engineers at my former day job (now retired) that we can now analyze so much more then “the old days” and we were spending lots of extra money to 1) determined if the data was correct and 2) if the data actually meant anything that would required more analysis, testing, or worrying.

Back