What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Tip: Wing Tip Lighting

Berchmans

Well Known Member
Here is how I installed my wing tip lighting. I used the AEROLED 800 series landing light and fabricated a small bracket out of a piece of scrap angle. The landing light is held in place with 6 series screws and plate nuts and the nav lights are mounted using 4-40 screws and plate nuts. This all fits neatly under the supplied wing tip lense.

NavampLLdetail.jpg
[/IMG]

Doesn't that shade the nav light in the rear portion of the required 120 degree coverage field?

Nav shading

The angle of the photo is a bit deceptive...the Nav is not blocked the landing light and when activated it is blinding bright. Angle between the last row of LED's in the light and the edge of the landing light is parallel to the plane the landing light is mounted on...

Cooling

I wonder if there is sufficient air movement under the lens to cool the landing light? I plan on mounting mine with the back heat sink through the fiberglass to access the volume of air within the wing...

Cooling

Generally the lights will be in the wig/wag setting and don't seem to generate much heat that way...time will tell...

Back