What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Tip-up top deck clean-up...

[email protected]

Well Known Member
700 hours of grabbing and foot dragging on the top deck from getting in and out had really worn the paint significantly. Worse, when it was hot outside the rattle can paint that I used that was being worn away was no longer holding up to routine use or cleaning.

The Vans wing walk is very thin, sticks well, is very durable, and feels nice to the touch. I ordered up a single blank sheet and cut some pieces to cap the decks. It came out great; should have done this sooner ;)

You don't see it in this shot but the material rolls over the inside about a half inch.

iof1.jpg

Last edited:
it did look and feel nice, great way to finish that edge.

Might do it to Aurora, if my paint ever wears out.

Had the same thought

Looks great, I was thinking of doing the same. However I was hoping to find a dark grey color? Any sources?

skateboard shops have the same material in many colors.

I used clear skateboard stuff for my wing walk pad. Looked great over the yellow wing....until I started using it. I can not get it clean anymore and it shows dirt badly.

Super Idea

I've been trying for years to come up with an easy way of refinishing up my side rails.
After over 20 years, they're showing more than a little wear.

Looks great, I was thinking of doing the same. However I was hoping to find a dark grey color? Any sources?
Ace Hardware has some in grey, though not terribly dark. Has worked fantastic on my wing walk area and also just forward of the stick where I step when getting in.

Back