What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

tip up canopy guide blocks

pt17

It seems that all the guide blocks I have found in the forum are at the bottom of the canopy bow and "help" the latch into its recepticle. The problem I have is that when lowering the canopy from one side, with the amount of twist present, the aft corner of the plexi (on the opposite side) hits the canopy bow well before it reaches the point where the blocks are installed. Is this normal, and has anyone come up with a guide system higher up on the canopy bow? Thanks.

It is normal, and it is simply a user training issue. Before long, you'll have an intuitive sense for how to push, laterally, on the side you are closing from to make both sides match the latch closure. I know, it sounds complex and unnecessary, but really, becoming accustomed to the closure procedure is very easy and becomes quite natural. We don't think at all about it anymore.

What Scott said. But a piece of UHMV tape along the edge of your roll bar will keep it from getting scratched up until you get a better feel for closing the canopy.

greg

Back