What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Tip: Low cost local AN fittings

9GT

Well Known Member
Patron
I needed just two AN816 fittings to finish the fuel delivery plumbing in the tunnel of my -10 and hated the thought of having to wait 3-4 days for a delivery from AS&S. Just by chance I stopped at a local auto parts store which is an Auto Value Parts Store: http://www.800autotalk.com/showpage.php?page_id=about-stores.htm&menu=store.menu When I asked the man at the counter if they carried any, he said sure and pulled out a large book with color pictures of just about every fitting one could think of,,,Aeroquip along with another manufacturer. If he did not have what I needed in-stock, he would have it at the store the next morning waiting for me from their warehouse. They had what I needed in-stock, two AN816-6-6D nipples. The best part was price ;) $3.29 @ from the parts store vs. $2.20 from Spruce,,,,,,,but I did not have to wait or pay $10 shipping! As a side note, the counter man told me he turned a set of "tiny" rotors for some guys airplane last week.

Back