What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Tip: File Handle - Golf Ball!

SmilingJack

Well Known Member
For those who file and file and file until their hand is raw! Drill a hole in a golf ball, epoxy it on and you have a great handle that is easy on the hand and doesn't fall off. :cool:

RVQBpics020.jpg

Bet my golf ball handle is older than yours :D

608299391_yWdha-M.jpg

I obviously copied someone else's great idea...

i was confused at first, there's another "smiling jack" user on here by the way, he's on the emp stage though and posts in the RV7 forum

Yep, that one caught me too.

It's purty simple...
Smiling Jack is a yankee from New Yawk (where they's picky 'bout usin' the "g"), and Smilin' Jack is a Good Ol' Boy from right here in Jawjah (where we know the trailin' "g" is silent an' jus' drop it...).

Hope that straightens it out for ya'll... :D

The "Real" SmilingJack!

Moose - you are correct! and for the record, I am a "Yankee" per the definition and not a "D*** Yankee" I did move to Jawjah for a couple years and then moved back north, so I ended up being just a "Yankee" ;)

As for the name...we lost our inspiration (during the build) after 17 1/2 great years - the -8 bears his name now and I know from all the posts on transporting animals you all understand.

DSC00859.jpg

Back