What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

TIP: Calling Vans for free

Lycosaurus

Well Known Member
This may sound like spam, but it isn't ....

Google has a 411 service that you can reach by dialing 1-800-GOOG-411. You give it the city and state (province) using voice, and then ask it to search the business, in this case Vans Aircraft. It will find it and offer to connect you... for FREE. You now have made a free 800 call to Vans (that Dutch man would be so proud of you). Can be used for any other business as well (Steinair, Trutrak, Dynon, Little Caesars....)

It works for me. No catch (no ads etc). Seems Google is using it to test voice recognition software. It works quite well actually. This is all on the up-and-up legal, bona fide... Thanks Google.

Service works in both the US and Canada. Thought I would let everyone else know. Maybe we should make this post a sticky!

Edit: seems that this works on landlines and cellphones, however payphones will not be able to make use of this feature.

Last edited:
Ditto!

I use it all the time at home and on my cell, have the number programed on both, great service. Glenn

Back