What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Timing Buzz Box

Janekom

Well Known Member
Patron
I would like to know if someone out there has a simple circuit diagram that I could use to make my own timing buzz box.

Yes Sir - I did a very simple search before posting - Sir. :D
The product advertised is looking good.
Have you seen where I live? By the time it gets here it is double the costs. I can afford it, but thought it would be nice to make up my own one - in the spirit of home building you know?
Maybe I should have been more clear about my intentions, but sometimes I do things in a hurry and as my mother tongue is also not English, looking back at my message, it does not reflect my reasons for asking the question 100%.

So maybe someone else has an idea for me.

Mag timer

Back in ancient times when I was in A&P school we had to build one as a project. You might check out the schematic HERE . It is very simple and can be built out of cheap parts. It will work just fine, but you'll learn where they get the name "buzz box" :D

Don

The Brewington tech box works well.
I purchase one about 5 years ago (before it was Brewington) and I've been happy with the performance.

I did have it fail once, but I replaced a transistor and it's been fine since. I provide the failure analysis back to the designer-- as I recall, they had a few failures due to the same problem (bad batch of 2N2907 transistors).

I'd buy one again in a heartbeat. Even with shipping to SA, it's a deal.

Vern

Back