What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Time To Complete Van's Test Cards

JohnF

Well Known Member
I had my airworthiness inspection Friday last, and will have all paperwork in hand in a few days. How much time did it take for those flying to complete the test cards that Van wants?

I talked to a FSDO inspector in the Denver office and he mentioned that another Colorado RV-12 was just given an airworthiness inspection a few days earlier, and I suspect that builder and I am the only two in Colorado. He will probably get in the air before I do...I can't recall that builder's name, but he did get to the FSDO and mailed me some forms I needed...if that's you, email me and let's compare first flights...

John
[email protected]

Flight Test times...

I have finished the first two test cards and am working on the 3rd. It takes me a couple of flights of about 1.5 hours each to complete a card, but some of that is due to the crummy weather we have been having here. I had only one day where the sky was open so I could do a sustained climb to 10000'. Then there are speed boxes to fly at 7500' density altitude, which also require high ceilings.
So, if I can't do the climb required I will go up and work on other aspects of the card and come down with a partially completed card. Of course, it is easy to just fly around and enjoy the plane and not get a lot done ;).
Another issue is shuffling the paper around up there. The autopilot is a big help. I let it fly while i watch for traffic and turn the papers over on my clipboard and read what to do next.
You really need to read and fully understand the test card before launching or you will have trouble understanding once in the air. I had one flight where I did not fully understand how I was going to record the climb data and had to come down and make a simpler form to fill out as I climbed. You have to record block altitude start and ending times and OAT -- keeps you busy.
I think it is going to take me about 15 hours to complete the cards. But, who cares :D. [url=http://tonytessitore.smugmug.com/RV-12-Project-N577RV/RV-12-Flights/12396606_psAxK#899981475_aLFQ9-A-LB][/URL]
I live in a scenic area when the weather cooperates.

Tony

Last edited:
test cards

could someone send me a copy of the test cards
I am not flying yet but am interested in what is required for the test flights
ashley

Would it be possible to post the test cards on the web to be downloaded by those who would like to have a copy??:eek:

Back