What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Time line for registration

yankee-flyer

Well Known Member
I mailed my registration documentation to the FAA on Feb. 10th. Yesterday (Mar 24) N143WM appeared on the FAA registration list. Looks like a 6-week time to get paperwork done right now.

Wayne

120241 now 143WM

I mailed in my paperwork and $5.00 check on March 5 and became the registered owner of S/N 120025 on March 12. One week - not bad.
Jake - RV9A for sale, RV-12 almost finished

Yippeee!

I sent mine in (from my house) 3/18. As of 3/26 my RV-9 was officially registered with the FAA.

Any recent data on time lines for registration?

Thread bump.

Just wondering if anyone has current information on how long new registrations are taking now at the FAA in this time of sequestration and budget cuts.

Point of reference on my N-number reservation. I submitted the online request in early November 2013, and finally got back a letter on December 13, 2013. So just over a month to get an N-number reserved!

Guessing still about 4-6 weeks

I sent mine in December 1, 2013, and got a rejection letter Dec 27. I did not print my name under my signature. Sent a new one in Jan 1, so will let you know in a couple of weeks.:(

We registered our 10 in Dec. Sent in Dec 2...recieved registration back on 16th

We did send initial package priority mail with tracking number which I think helped.

For reference, I sent mine in the US mail on 1/3/2014 and it looks like it was processed and put online as "valid" on 1/8/2014. I haven't seen the paperwork back yet, but I'm sure it will be here shortly.

On to getting the plane ready for airworthiness!

Back