What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Tight Nose Wheel Fairing

Dave'sRV

Patron
Anyone having trouble fitting the nose wheel fairing over the nose wheel bracket? Mine is very very tight and I was hoping someone had a easy way to get the rear fairing over the bracket.

Mine is VERY tight also .... w-a-y tighter than the main wheelpants. I have to manually pull out the sides of the rear half to get it over the brackets. even then it takes it a bit of "convincing".

I think I had the same problem - if you are talking about the pants over the wheel bracket. I haven't done the leg fairing yet but it didn't look as hard as the pants!

I haven't finished the nose wheel fitting yet, but what I ended up doing was putting the brackets inside and taping them to the side. I was then able to get them on the wheel. The problem I had was the tape holding the brackets on. Once I got them close, I drilled a hole and used cleco's to hold them on while I fitted them better.

I haven't finished yet so I can't say it worked great, but there was no way I could get the pants over the bracket. Good luck and post some pics when you get it figured out so we can learn from you! Thanks

You have posted this in the RV 10 forum, but your profile says you are a 6 builder.

I do not know about the 6, but the 10 I do know.

Yes the pant has to be worked onto the brackets, but it is only on and off a couple times, then the pant and brackets come off as a unit in the future.

I posted a "How to" on wheel pants a while back, maybe that will help you.

http://www.vansairforce.com/community/showthread.php?t=68674

Last edited:
Just finished that a couple weeks ago

I put one bracket on, then slipped the pant on, then reached in (difficult) and slipped the other bracket in place. Then you can push the pant back enough to get the screw in the bracket.

RV-10 nose wheel pant

The rear inside baffle fell out of mine before the pants were final fit. It was not glued in properly.

Last edited:
Back