What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Throttle, Prop, Mixture Cables

T.O.Craig

Well Known Member
Hi All,
Did I make a mistake by getting the stock cables? I'm going to use the "Aerosport Panel". Will I need a different length?

Hi All,
Did I make a mistake by getting the stock cables? I'm going to use the "Aerosport Panel". Will I need a different length?

There are too many variables to accurately answer the question. It really depends on which engine, the location of your engine accessories, and how you route things.

Typically, most folks find that they need about a 3" longer control cable.

Bob

I had luck with the stock cables and the Aerosport panel/throttle quadrant. I guess some combinations don't work. I have an IO-540-N1A5 which has the same dimensions as the D4A5 as far as cables are concerned.

Do no remember the stock lengths of hand, but I just finished installing my cables into an Aerosport symmetrical panel and purchased custom vernier cables from ACS. This is what I ordered:

Black Throttle - 50 1/2" length and 2 1/2" travel
Blue Prop - 74 1/2' length and 2 1/2" travel
Red Mixture - 53 1/2" length and 2 1/2" travel

The contact with ACS is Anthony Garcia [email protected]>

With these lengths, it worked out very well.

Brian

I have done at least 10 FWF installations in RV-10's and have never used anything but the stock length cables. Ymmv, but that is my experience.

Back